Watching the SuperBowl Game and cheering for the Panthers at the StreetBird (NYC)
Still recovering from the loss.
Last time I posted a blog was a little more than a month ago and how I miss having the time to do research. With work, school, conference prep, and a thesis proposal, I have had my hands full, but I am making time now to do the things I enjoyed. Self-care is important even if it is research (always remember that).
So what has been going on since January.
- I am speaking at the African American Intellectual Historical Society Conference in a few weeks on “What Shall I Teach My Children Who are Black?”: An Intellectual Biography of Geraldine Louise Wilson (1931-1981).
- I visited my second “home”–the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture and my collection was moved offsite. #fail
- I paid off some debts. (Now this is important)
- I planned a birthday trip to Iceland and Northern Ireland.
- I submitted my thesis proposal!!!
- I indulged in some Broadway shows–Kinky Boots and THE COLOR PURPLE!
- I have become overly invested in all of the political campaign shenanigans.
- I made some connections with the Dare family and distant relatives of the Flowers family (more to come).
What is going on with you all? What have I missed?
Until the next post!
Leave a Reply